Contrast Browsync with Adobe Edge Inspect
what's the difference?
Few key features of BrowSync that are different from Edge Inspect:
- pairing is done by passphrase, no registration
- all client apps are connected to server on internet
→ so it requires internet access
→ devices can be on multiple wifi networks or continents
→ there can be multiple instances of chrome extension, so you can update pages from desktop and at the same time from your laptop or colleague machine
- BrowSync support more platforms: iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone and I am planning Firefox OS
- BrowSync doesn’t contain Weinre Inspector out of the box
- You can try BrowSync for free:
1. Install BrowSync Chrome Extension
2. Open http://browsync.net/client/ on any device. On mobile you can also save it to your homescreen!
3. Set unique passphrase both in Chrome Extention and your device
4. Active the extension to see a red light
5. Browse the web while seeing instant changes on your device.
Some pages (like google.com) will not work due browser restriction (X-Frame-Options).